Whether you’re in recovery from a substance use disorder, getting ready to begin your recovery journey, or supporting a loved one in recovery, a few words of encouragement can make a huge difference. Recovery from a drug or alcohol issue requires commitment – one that can feel exhausting, overwhelming, and lonely. Here are some quotes that will help inspire, validate, and motivate you on your road to recovery.
- “What if I told you that 10 years from now, your life would be exactly the same? I doubt you’d be happy. So, why are you so afraid of change?” – Karen Salmansohn
- Instead of saying ‘I’m damaged, I’m broken, I have trust issues’ say ‘I’m healing, I’m rediscovering myself, I’m starting over.’ Positive self-talk.” – Horation James
- “When people say “recovery”, you typically think of returning to how you were before your illness. But there is no going back. You do not merely recovery, but reinvent yourself. You become something completely different from what you were before.” – Anonymous
- “Strength comes from struggle. When you learn to see your struggles as opportunities to become stronger, better, wiser, then your thinking shifts from ‘I can’t do this’ to ‘I must do this’.” – Toni Sorenson
- “There is no passion to be found in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.” – Nelson Mandela
- “In any given moment we have two options: to step forward into growth or to step back into safety.” – Abraham Maslow
- “Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Your best days are ahead of you. The movie starts when the guy gets sober and puts his life back together; it doesn’t end there.” – Bucky Sinister
- “Nobody stays recovered unless the life they have created is more rewarding and satisfying than the one they left behind.” – Anne Fletcher
- “Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” – Carl Bard
If you or a loved one is struggling with a substance use issue, contact Greenbriar Treatment Center today to learn how we can help.